Apple Almond Galette
- One pie dough – make the day before and let set in fridge until ready to roll
Almond Cream Filling:
- 4 ounces almond paste (use scale)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 5 large Apples, thinly sliced
- Egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoons sugar for sprinkling over top
- Roll the chilled pie dough to an ⅛-inch-thick circle and place on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Almond cream: In a food processor blend the almond paste, flour, sugar, butter, almond and vanilla extracts and yolk until smooth. Spread over the center of the dough, leaving about a 2-inch ring on the outside.
- Arrange the apples over the almond cream. Fold the uncovered dough over the apples and crimp to keep it in place. Freeze the galette while you preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle the sugar over the crust and apples.
- Bake for 20 minutes and reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the apples are tender. Let cool before transferring to plate!